Video: Burn 100 calories right now
27. Preset the timer on your TV to turn off after an hour to remind you to do something more active.
28. Slide a small trampoline under your couch and pull it out for Real Housewives marathons.
29. Put up more Christmas lights.
30. The next time it snows, up your karma and shovel your neighbor's sidewalk too.
31. Turn on tunes and dance while cooking.
Motivational Workout Tips from Athletes
32. Drink lots of water. (You'll stand up for refills and trips to the bathroom.)
33. Hover just above your chair in a squat position for 15 seconds every hour.
34. Keep a small water glass, which you must refill often, instead of a large water bottle on your desk. (Search: How many glasses of water should you drink a day?)
35. Stand up each time you talk on the phone.
36. Schedule meetings to take place in far-off conference rooms.
37. Buy a plant for your office—watering it will make you more active.
38. Set your computer alarm to ring hourly—stand up for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off.
39. Walk your lunch outside or to another location in the office instead of sitting and eating at your desk.
40. Invest in a standing desk like the Ergotron WorkFit-S ($379; ergotron.com)—or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books.
Are You Sitting Yourself to Death?
41. Purchase an under-desk pedaling machine, like the Stamina 15-0125 Instride Folding Cycle ($70; staminaproducts.com).
42. When you need to brainstorm, do it while walking.
43. Dust your office weekly.
44. Walk around the block once mid-morning and once midafternoon.
45. Make friends with someone on another floor; visit her often.
46. Stand while you open and read your mail.
47. Wear comfortable shoes (or keep flats under your desk) so you walk more.
48. Get rid of your garbage can; walk trash to the kitchen bin.
49. Use the vending machine three floors up—and take the stairs.
50. Swap your desk chair for a stability ball—then gently bounce on it.
7 Ways to Work Out at the Office
51. When sitting, draw in your ab muscles and tap your toes.
52. Place your stapler far enough away that you have to stand up to get it.
53. Put people on speakerphone and pace your office during conference calls.
54. If you're meeting a client for drinks, suggest standing at the bar instead of sitting at a table.
55. Invest in a treadmill desk like the TrekDesk ($479; trekdesk.com).
56. Instead of a sit-down meeting, ask your boss if you can "talk and walk."
The Fastest Way to Sculpt a Hot Bod
57. When you're waiting for a flight, toss your carry-on in a locker and tour the airport.
58. Skip the people movers.
59. Stand while waiting for a train.
60. When stopping for a road-trip break, take a quick lap around the parking lot.
61. Carpool. On days you don't drive, fidget as much as possible.
62. Get off the bus two stops sooner; walk the rest of the way.
63. Book hotel rooms on a high floor and walk up.
Secrets to Staying Fit While Traveling
64. If you're buying only a few items, skip the cart and carry a basket.
65. "Waist dance" to the radio or tap out a beat on the steering wheel while driving.
66. Bag your own groceries.
67. Do a few biceps curls each time you pick up shopping bags.
68. Visit a store instead of shopping online.
69. Walk between stores that are in close proximity (don't drive).
70. When picking up your kids from school, get out of the car and greet them with a hug instead of waiting in the car curbside.
14 Ways to Walk Off the Fat
Weight Loss Tips: How to Burn More Calories
84 Ways to Stand Up for Your Health
Image: Getty Images
Video: Burn 100 calories right now