Sign up to get started!
Start here to receive complete access to this free program.Log In
Get in Half-Marathon Shape
Challenge yourself mentally and physically with this popular distance race. The 2-week Runner's World Half-Marathon Jumpstart will help you build your base before you embark on a complete 10-week training regimen.
- Run 3 to 4 days a week. Add cross training to your regimen twice a week to build endurance and prevent burnout.
- Build up strength and endurance with a mix of moderate and easy runs.
Register for the Daily Plan!You'll get full online access, plus reminders in your inbox every day.
At a Glance
The Runner’s World Half-Marathon Jumpstart program gives you everything you need to begin your training regimen. The plan includes:
- Simple running workouts: Shorter, faster runs mixed with longer, slower runs will increase your stamina and speed.
- No strict eating plan! Just follow the daily workouts and turn fat into lean muscle.
- A fringe benefit of training: You’ll burn major calories and peel off pounds! The easy-to-use weight tracker charts your progress along the way.
Source: The Runner’s World Half-Marathon Training Jumpstart is based on a plan designed by running coach and author Jenny Hadfield that was published in Runner’s World magazine. You can find more plans like this, tailor-made for you, on the Runner’s World Personal Trainer subscription site.